Chimney Sweeping is now becoming more of a recognised procedure, not only by insurance companies and landlords but also by homeowners who want that extra peace of mind. An insurance recognised certificate is issued upon completion of the sweep which logs your details, appliance, what work carried out and any notes for future reference. Many insurance providers/ landlords now insist on a Certificate of Chimney Sweeping of validation for insurance purposes. This is also perfect for keeping personal records of when your chimney has received maintenance and will help to schedule future chimney sweeps.
When carrying out a sweep, whether it be traditional or power sweeping we use the latest and highest quality equipment to make sure we provide the highest standard of clean, not only in the flue, but also in your home. Ensuring a clean sweep of the flue helps prevent dangerous chimney fires whilst also improving the efficiency of the appliance.
A Standard Sweep includes:
· A visual inspection to check the chimney and flue.
· We seal off the appliance/opening too allow for a clean sweep.
· The chimney will be swept in accordance with the 'Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps' code of practice and the industry standards.
· A smoke pellet test will be carried out to check the flue draught.
· A 'Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps' sweeping and servicing certificate will be issue.